Act-3D is a Dutch company that specializes on 3D and graphics software. One of their products, Lumion, will be arriving at its eighth version very soon so we decided to have a look at what it can do. Right now, you’ll only find previous versions available for purchase and download, but if you get a license for Lumion 8.5 pro crack you’ll be able to upgrade to Lumion 8 for no cost, so it’s not a bad idea to get to know a little bit about the program.
Lumion 9 Pro Crack
When you start looking at the samples they have posted on the site and you watch the videos of what you can do with this program you can’t help but be amazed. The graphics quality is astonishing and the lighting effects add a sense of reality that you can’t get with some of the similar programs in the market. You’ll find foliage that looks real, curtains that are so airy and transparent that it seems as if they were made from actual fabric and all of that with the right amount of light coming from different sources and with different intensities. That is just a very small example of what can be done with Lumion.
- Produces breathtaking 2D or 3D images in no time. You can also create videos to showcase your work from different perspectives.
- It has a large number of textures that you can use or, if you want to, you can import your own set of textures if you like working with familiar content.
- Adjust the lighting according to the environment. There are a number of options that can adapt either to interiors or exteriors.
- Recent versions of the program have added a feature that lets you add weathering to objects so they look more real, more natural. For example, you can take a statue and make it look like it has been out on the street for a while.
- You can import your work form other programs, like Revit, and make them come to life in no time using Lumion.
- Use the translucent effect to give your surfaces a more polished and realistic look.
There is a trial version of Lumion 7 (Lumion 8 hasn’t been released yet) available for download in the program’s official site. You can use it to evaluate its features and decide if it is right for you. If you come to the conclusion that that it can be a valuable asset to your daily work environment then you might want to consider purchasing the full version with all available features.
You can get a Lumion license for little over USD 1.700 and a Pro version for almost USD 3.500. As usual, the Pro version offers more features than the standard one, so check the complete list of features before buying.
When it comes to programs of this kind, is better to seek full documentation on the supported hardware before investing on it. Graphic software in general will demand that you have a powerful enough computer in order to get the advertised results. A recent and powerful processor, enough RAM memory and a highly capable graphics card are amongst the typical requirements in these cases. Some of the ones listed on Lumion’s official site are:
- A Direct X 11 compatible graphics card. You’ll find a complete list of the supported models right there on their site.
- Windows 10 (64 bits).
- Intel Core i7 4GHz or better.
- At least 16 GB of available RAM memory.
- 20 GB of hard disk space just for the install. You should have a lot more available to store your work.
How to use?
Although it’s meant to provide tools that any architect can use to produce high quality renders with minimum training, it’s also true that this is a design program. Some of its features are easily accessible through the menus but it does require at least some design knowledge to take full advantage of its capabilities. The good news is that there is a large user base you can take advantage of to answer your questions or help you out with the most advanced uses of the program. The good thing about this is that it gives you an effective way of learning and stepping up your game.
It’s also a good idea to start by checking out the videos, samples and tutorials that Act-3D has included in their official website. You’ll be able to experience all that you can do with Lumion once you master it and it will give you a good idea of all the ideas that could come to life and be visualized.
- It has a large library where you will find materials and elements ready to use in your designs.
- You can save your work and make changes on the go.
- It’s easy to use, it doesn’t take long before first time users begin producing their first projects.
- There’s a large user base and tutorials available, you can use them to start learning how to use the program or perfect the use of a certain feature.
- Licenses are quite costly, so you’ll have to decide if this is the right option for you and whether it will make a positive difference to acquire the software.
- It’s only available for PC.
Lumion it’s mainly aimed at the architectural world, architects and designers would have a field day looking through the ready-to-use elements, surfaces and materials included in the program. Also, the possibility of creating videos that show different sides of your projects and can even be used to send to your clients so they can appreciate the project from a number of preset points of view can be a competitive advantage for your company.
Only previous versions are available right now, but with what they already offer it’s an exciting task trying to guess what new features Lumion 8 will bring to the table and that is always something exciting to look forward to.